A weblog about all the inconveniences we encounter in everyday life. Diapers, junk food, cruelty to animals, hostile people, rude cell phone behavior, cancer, terrible customer service (also known as "why the hell am I giving this company my money?"), ignorance, parking, bad spelling, family disturbances, office politics, death (the biggest inconvenience of all) and more. Thanks for saving me thousands of dollars in therapy by reading my blog. It might even make you laugh.

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Roses for Lori


Roses for Lori -- these pink ribbon roses are in memory of another Lori, a Lori whom I never had the honor to meet. I came across her web site and now I keep thinking of her and her family. Lori's husband Keith and her twin sister Kelly are raising money for the Lance Armstrong Foundation in memory of Lori. I hope you will visit her site and read her story. It's a sad one that's produced a wellspring of tears from me, but Lori's sunshine and joy shine through her memory.

If Laura, the winner of the contest, doesn't mind, I am going to donate Laura's prize to the 1st Annual Lori Lenfert Tilton Memorial Bike Ride. (Laura, let me know, as the charity is your choice!) I'm honestly even thinking of going on the ride, which seems like a crazy idea as it's in Southern Indiana, but a seed has been planted in my head and we'll see how the summer pans out.

Lori, you are very much missed and I'm sorry we never had the chance to meet in this lifetime. These roses are for you.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lori - just stopped in to read what you have been up to. Thank you for making a special space for Lori - I am so touched by what you wrote. . . hope to make it to Indiana!
Melanie @ GardenPaper.com

10:26 PM, August 02, 2005

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry, I meant to write, Hope YOU make it to Indiana! At 7 months pregnant I would be no good anywhere near a bicycle.
Melanie

10:28 PM, August 02, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home