A weblog about all the inconveniences we encounter in everyday life. Diapers, junk food, cruelty to animals, hostile people, rude cell phone behavior, cancer, terrible customer service (also known as "why the hell am I giving this company my money?"), ignorance, parking, bad spelling, family disturbances, office politics, death (the biggest inconvenience of all) and more. Thanks for saving me thousands of dollars in therapy by reading my blog. It might even make you laugh.

Thursday, September 01, 2005

Update on Amanda

Here is an update on the woman I am trying to help. She is separated from her family in a woman's shelter in Baton Rouge, LA. I am not clear on the circumstances that led her to be in a woman's shelter and not with her husband, but it seemed she had no place to go and that was her only choice.

I was able to text message her grandfather who called me back. He's in a hotel and lost everything. I text messaged her parents but I do not know if they were able to get the messages.

Amanda is diabetic and feeling very down and depressed. She is trying to find her husband, Felix Shelton, Jr., his father Felix Shelton, Sr., who is in a wheelchair and has MS, and Felix's mother Kathleen Shelton. I have not had any luck but hopefully I will be able to help her locate them. They're from Chalmette, which from all reports was hit very hard.

I plan to help her find where the rest of her family is and help to find a place for her to stay if I can. Her parents may be headed for a shelter in Huntsville, Texas. Once she is somewhere where help can be sent, I plan to help her with supplies, clothing, cash, whatever is needed. I will need lots of help with this as I already feel a bit overwhelmed and there's no way I can do it alone. Luckily several individuals have already stepped up, but more will be needed.

Giving to relief organizations is very important, but you can also help directly if you want to join me in my project.

Thanks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home