A weblog about all the inconveniences we encounter in everyday life. Diapers, junk food, cruelty to animals, hostile people, rude cell phone behavior, cancer, terrible customer service (also known as "why the hell am I giving this company my money?"), ignorance, parking, bad spelling, family disturbances, office politics, death (the biggest inconvenience of all) and more. Thanks for saving me thousands of dollars in therapy by reading my blog. It might even make you laugh.

Thursday, September 01, 2005

Katrina Help

If you'd like to help me help someone affected by Katrina, let me know. I am going to try to help a woman named Amanda in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, get through her rebuilding time. Currently I am trying to help her contact her family and let them know she is okay and to find her husband for her.

Post a comment her or e-mail me directly if you know my e-mail if you'd like to help. I figure if we each help at least one person we can help everyone get through this absolutely horrific time.

Lori

2 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

Lori, I would like to help. How did you find your one person to help?
Lisa

5:21 PM, September 01, 2005

 
Blogger Lori said...

I found her on a survivors web site. She was looking for her family to call her because she was all alone in a shelter. She's still trying to find her husband and his family but I was able to get a text message to her grandfather.

I don't know specifically what she will need yet but I know her grandfather lost everything, too. He said he has insurance but who knows how long that will take. And he said other family members do not have insurance.

I am also willing to find out if there are other people that need help, it doesn't have to be just the woman I found. But I thought I could start somewhere. Thanks for the offer to help also.

5:40 PM, September 01, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home