A weblog about all the inconveniences we encounter in everyday life. Diapers, junk food, cruelty to animals, hostile people, rude cell phone behavior, cancer, terrible customer service (also known as "why the hell am I giving this company my money?"), ignorance, parking, bad spelling, family disturbances, office politics, death (the biggest inconvenience of all) and more. Thanks for saving me thousands of dollars in therapy by reading my blog. It might even make you laugh.

Sunday, May 01, 2005

Schoene Blumen


My mother-in-law called today to thank us for the flowers. Unfortunately, we didn't send her any flowers. You can read all about it in "No Sleep Makes Lori a Crabby Girl." This is a little postscript for those of you that got through that lengthy post: Both Fredi's mom and his godmother got these flowers (pictured above).

I'm not sure yet whether we paid for two bouquets. We weren't planning on it. After all, the whole reason we used the Swiss flowers site at all was because we wanted to save some money. Fredi's mom, Ruth, was a bit confused because the flowers came to her in my name at their address.

Ruth doesn't read or speak too much English, so she won't be able to read this, and hopefully Fredi's dad will never translate this part! Um, "this part," meaning the fact that we did not actually mean to send her any flowers. Mom, if you're reading this, we had decided not to go with flowers this year for Mother's Day. Fredi's mom got these accidentally. Doh!

In other news, I went to a gym today that didn't have towel service, which made me realize I'm a spoiled Manhattanite. I took a shower anyway after my workout because we were on the way to a birthday barbecue, and I tend to get sweaty in the gym. I used a blow dryer on my hair and body and stole a roll of paper towels out of a cleaning closet to blot myself dry. Worked so well I think this will be my new method for post-workout washing.

Ciao ciao for now.





2 Comments:

Blogger Sue Flaska said...

Lori! That is too funny! I have to say that you were creative in your drying off solution. The big question is, did anyone see you do this? Those flowers are BEAUTIFUL, even if they went to the wrong person! XO

11:34 AM, May 05, 2005

 
Blogger Lori said...

Hiya Sue! The answer is no one saw me do it -- there were other women in and out of the locker room. But when it was empty for a second I ripped off a roll of paper towels, and then in the shower area luckily there was a big curtain you could pull. It didn't seem like anyone else was going to be taking a shower (maybe because there were no towels?!?!) and luckily no one came anywhere near me. They had one of those European style shower heads for the handicapped shower so I used that to wash my hair and just got the rest of my body a little bit wet.

More info than you wanted to know? :)

The flowers actually went to BOTH people, just one of them wasn't supposed to get them at all. So far we have only paid for one. Hopefully the Swiss flowers people don't find this site. Hehe.

Have a great weekend, Sue!

Lori

3:25 AM, May 06, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home